Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Entry 4: Famous Last Words


"It was very easy to construct and didn't take long to make". Well that's what I thought anyway! The basic swimsuit may have been, but this is a little more complicated; the lacing and attaching buttons is quite fiddly and time consuming. I found the perfect elastic and the perfect buttons, or should I say beads. The beads are perfect and the cut reflects light amazingly.


I backtacked the elastic to the swimsuit and attached the beads over it to conceal the stitching. I trialed different methods of attaching the elastic to the swimsuit but this was the only one that worked because the machine couldn't sew through all the thicknesses without it slipping. I think it has worked very well and the beads look well positioned sitting on top. The straps are self fabric rouleau, I tried it with cord in the centre but it looked too bulky and didn't have enough stretch.


With the swimsuit finished all I have to do now is take the photos! I'm going home this weekend so I'll get my sister to model for me and I'm thinking I'll take photos in our shearing shed, relating back to the wool the swimsuit is made of.


I can't wait for the parade, it's going to be so exciting, no matter whose design gets selected to be modelled. Now, what to wear....leotard, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment