Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Entry 2: Designing and a Bit More Designing




Like the little black dress, I want my little black swimsuit to be the right balance of classic but fashion forward. It has to be flattering, sexy, striking, but not too over the top. I love cut outs and when at the sides of the waist I think they create a stunning optical illusion on the female body and emphasise the waist.


I have been heavily influenced by the image with the ship's steering wheel. At first I was focused on using eyelets to lace through and having a random lacing effect. I decided instead to use beads or buttons in place of eyelets to create more of a feature and I want them to catch and reflect the light. I am also undecided as to do a random or dream catcher lacing effect but I can decide this when I do the toile. The design I have chosen has side cut outs at the waist because it enhances the waist.


We practiced making a one piece swimsuit today, using different finishing techniques. It was very simple to construct and didn't take long to make. Maybe I should just make leotards and use stretch fabrics from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment