Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Entry 3: The Search for the Perfect Button








I have made my toile and used ribbon for the lacing but couldn't get it over the hips of a model. I will have to use something with a bit of stretch instead. I think round elastic will work best but I need something a bit thicker than hat elastic - not sure if it exists? I trialed random lacing one side and dream catcher lacing the other. The dream catcher lacing looks much better because it sits closer to the body; it can't be too big either because the bigger it is, the more it sits out from the body.


Apart from the fact that the ribbon lacing won't fit over the hips, the swimsuit is fitting perfectly. I only have to make a couple of minor changes to the pattern and I can start the real thing.


I am having lots of trouble finding the right buttons. Everything is either too big, too expensive or doesn't reflect the light enough. I've tried different places all over Adelaide but I'm very particular with what I like and nothing I've seen yet is 'the one'.

No comments:

Post a Comment